Tuesday 13 December 2016

The Aviator


You all know by now that this girl loves a good jacket. Any kind, any shape, and style - if it's a jacket, or coat I'll wear it. To keep warm in the winter sunshine last Sunday, I nabbed up (a.k.a stole) my sister's aviator jacket as I naturally felt it belonged in my wardrobe (duh). The aviator jacket is all kinds of cool and androgynous chic. It's oversized fit thankfully makes room for all the bundled up layers underneath (and the extra pounds thanks to those one-too-many mince pies), while the mix of shearling and leather makes for a luxurious warm finish. 


Now unfortunately this Mango version is no longer available, but with winter being in full swing there's plenty on offer. I'm obsessed with this ASOS option - what a fantastic price! That said, I am very tempted to snap this up in the Boxing Day sales with it being just around the corner (because clearly, I don't have enough jackets in my wardrobe).

I also think River Island's version comes at a great price and style. But, as this is such a classic wardrobe item, investment piece and winter essential, I think it would be a great idea to head to Acne,  the brand known for its aviator jackets. There are some amazing high-street alternatives, and don't get me wrong I'm always a girl for a bargain, but splurging a few extra ££'s on a high-quality coat that will last you for years will never be a mistake or regret purchase.


I teamed my jacket with a cosy green high-neck jumper from Topshop - also sadly unavailable, but this looks just like it! Then I added my favourite straight-leg jeans, also from Topshop, my Office loafers (not the real Gucci's...told you I loved a bargain!), and my Chloe-look-a-like from Zara (similar here and here). To emphasise the 'pilot-off-duty' look (is that a thing?), I wore my trusty Ray-Ban aviators.

It was a warm and practical outfit for a little Sunday exploring around Windsor, Berkshire.


What jackets or coats are you currently coveting? Let me know...I'm always on the hunt 😉
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig