Thursday 18 August 2016

Brunch at Chez Vrony, Switzerland


There's nothing quite like waking up to a crisp blue sky in the morning on holiday. Winning smiles instantly beam across sleepy morning faces and legs dash to the window in order for a peep at the weather. 

That's just how our fourth day began.


After breakfast, we caught the funicular up to one of my favourite hamlets above Zermatt, Sunegga, and were greeted with a beauty of a view! The Matterhorn (a.k.a the Toblerone mountain for my chocolate luvers) stands proud directly in front of us.


We began to hike down, walked past a gorgeous lake reflecting the Matterhorn and stopped off at Chez Vrony for a naughty brunch.


I love this walk from Sunegga to Zermatt. The views are incredible and it all feels very Sound of Music-esque.


Chez Vrony also happens to be one of my favourite mountain restaurants, but hey, I know I say that with every one. This truly is a real winner though: great service; great food; great atmosphere; great views and more. My sister and I shared the apple fritters while others devoured decadent drinks.


Time to walk down in the blistering heat and burning sun down to Zermatt, stopping to look at the breathtaking views on our way...

Jess is wearing: Top and shorts - Topshop
I am wearing: Top - Zara, shorts - Topshop, sunglasses - Ray-Ban, watch - Michael Kors

Before we knew it, we were back down to earth in Zermatt and relaxing around the spa.

A few hours later and more food to be demolished! Ah don't you just love holidays for the constant eating.

I'm wearing: Top, skirt, choker and shoes - Topshop, clutch - Whistles
Jess is wearing: Top - Zara, shorts - Topshop, shoes - Office
We put on our best impressions of ourselves and glammed up. Another beautiful day and night was once again had, filled with so much happiness, peace and laughter.

Congrats to fellow A-Level students on receiving their results today! I hope your results were just what you were expecting and more. Onwards and upwards - cheers to what lies ahead!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig