Monday 26 March 2012

My Hair Routine...


Today I decided to write yet another hair routine post. I wrote a similar post last year and its changed quite a lot since then, that's for sure! New products, new hairstyle, new techniques.

Above are all the products I use; I'll write about in more detail later, but for now - here's my routine!

  1. First I wet my hair (at roughly 35'C).
  2. Then I shampoo my hair with Tresemme Luxurious Moisture for dry/damaged hair. After that, I then wash it all out for about 20 seconds.
  3. Then comes the conditioner (again, Tresemme Luxurious Moisture but conditioner), I leave it in for a few minutes then I massage in and wash out.
  4. Now, get ready for the styling! But first, I towel dry my hair very lightly (to get rid of any excess water dripping onto my back).
  5. I now brush my hair with a wide toothed comb to purely get the parting right and to take out any knots.
  6. Using Lee Stafford Argan Oil , add a couple drops (depending on length and thickness of your hair) to palms of hands then rub to mid-lengths to ends of hair.
  7. After that, I put some bounce and volume into my hair by using Bed Head Superstar Volumizing Leave-In Conditioner and spray into roots.
  8. Then, I spray a little bit of Bed Head Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curls Spray at the ends of my hair (because I have long layers, my curls are only at the ends of my hair) to give my natural curls a boost.
  9. Using a hairdryer, I then blast my hair at the roots on full power to get the roots dry. Pushing my roots upwards to give volume. Then starting at mid-lengths to get them a tad dry too.
  10. Then on a low blast, I scrunch the ends of my hair to create curls (never use a diffuser - it adds frizz!).
  11. Still on a low blast, I wrap small pieces of the front of my hair (this section is most frizzy for me, so I usually add a little more oil to this part) around my finger to create more defined curls.
  12. Spritz a little more curling spray and your ready to go!
I now use also (even though I have mentioned it at all and its not pictured but...) Bed Head After Party Smoothing Cream to tame flyaways, frizz etc.

On days when I want my hair a little less curly, I skip instructions 8-12 and put gigantic rollers all over my hair and blow-dry. 
A post coming up later for reviews on all of the products I've mentioned here on this post - come back soon!

P.S: I'll be doing a Photo Diary post whilst I'm at Paris! Starting Friday evening.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love Bed Head products...they smell good! And don't bother my head...and that's a big deal when you can't hardly stand product smells...you have pretty hair...I too use a wide tooth comb! Helps get the tangles with long hair...Can't wait for the Paris photos! I know you'll do a great job! Have fun...Lola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig