Wednesday 26 April 2017

Easter at Kew


I come from a long line of nature lovers in my family.

Every year we spend our summers in Zermatt, Switzerland to gaze at the majestic mountains, exotic alpine flora and wild animals. Add to that the fresh, clean air and that mighty Matterhorn view and you can probably picture quite the postcard perfect scene.

So it's quite a wonder as to why we don't always make the most of the natural beauty that's on our doorstep. Thus, for Easter, we headed to Kew Gardens for a dose of all things flora and fauna (though sadly, I don't think anything can compete with my precious Zermatt).


Kew Gardens is a botanical garden just outside central London. It houses some of the most beautiful botanical collections, not to mention Kew Royal Palace where many a Royal family member has stayed including Queen Victoria's three children.

It's a huge space so there's plenty to discover and feast your eyes on - especially with the recent Hive multi-sensory sculptural piece that is pretty darn impressive.


But the Palm House is a good place to start.

It's pretty steamy in here to say the least so while it did make my hair poof out like a poodle, it did provide a very cute foggy effect to my camera lens.



Take your time to explore, peer into the nooks and crannies to spot the brightly coloured flowers peeping behind the large palm leaves.

You never what treasures you'll find.


Follow on through the Palm House and you'll find yourself in the Waterlily House where you'll no doubt spot a dragonfly or toad hopping from pad to pad in a joyful little manner.


We walked around for hours aimlessly, but in search for the best natural beauties on display.

Though, not everybody was so wide awake to see the sights...


Make your way a little further and you'll find yourself amongst the treetops. Sadly, no monkeys to be spotted (curse you, London!)

Jess is wearing:
Jacket - Zara
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Office
Sunglasses - Ray Ban

And how could you ever pass up seeing this corker of a sight! Just look all those shades of pink...


I've been non-stop wearing this Jane Birkin-inspired bag since I last shared it with you guys. It's the most perfect boxy shape and not too big, not too small. 

Teamed with a Mango leather jacket, Topshop cropped jeans (pretty booty hugging, I tell you) and a warm turtleneck from New Look and I felt rather like my style queen, Lucy Williams. Which, is no surprise as when I dress myself in the morning, I always think "What would Lucy wear?" with the most puzzled frown that usually ends in a "I have NOTHING to wear" panic.


Don't forget to see the wild bluebells and magnolia trees too.


And the cacti gardens in the Princess of Wales Conservatory.

Quite a sight.


Kew is a huge tourist attraction in its own right so expect some pretty hefty queues before entering (I strongly recommend to book online beforehand - it's slightly cheaper too!).

And unfortunately the tickets don't come too cheap. Though the profits do go towards the upkeep of the grounds which is definitely worth paying for.

What have you all been up to recently?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig