Wednesday 30 November 2016

Five Things I Love To Do in London


London holds a special place in my heart. The dynamic, charming and exciting city makes me so proud to call it home. It is filled to the brim with cafes, restaurants and pubs, wonderful department stores to get lost in, and leafy-green spaces for a breath of fresh air. Yet the core landmarks that set this city apart, the distinguished Londoner's, and that constant reminder of truly feeling alive amidst all the hustle and bustle – makes it one of a kind.

Playing tourist in my own city is somewhat of a hobby of mine and since being in the centre almost every day for University, I have come to discover what I love to do most.


EAT 

There is no doubt about it, London is one of the best cities for food. I am forever researching new spots to try, or stumbling upon them when roaming around. There is every cuisine, every price range, every setting available, making London one of the most exciting cities to devour beautiful food in. 

My sister and I are massive foodies, but although we love our food – it doesn’t have to be super fancy, with accolades and Michelin stars, or be the latest must-go hot spot – whatever it is; it's all about good food, amazing service and a memorable atmosphere. Naturally, with new restaurants opening near enough every day, the choice is endless.

I would be here forever if I were to list where my favourite spots for breakfast, lunch, dinner and sweet treats are, but below are a few firm favourites.

Polpo (good Italian spot for small sharing dishes)

Franco Manca (cheap, delicious pizza)

Hally's (a must-visit for brunch)

Chiswick Fire Station (fabulous food in a beautiful setting)

Carnaby Burger Co. (best burger in town)

The Breakfast Club (truly British all-day breakfast with the best playlist)

Homeslice (the biggest pizza you will ever eat)

Gails (for coffee and cake)

Covent Garden Grind (try their smoothie bowls)


GET LOST

There's nothing quite so free-spirited and liberating than being a wanderer. There's so much beauty within London that lies off the beaten track; getting lost will mean stumbling upon a hidden gem that will become your new favourite hot-spot.

You can jump on the Tube to anywhere and walk around to soak up some culture, but there are a few areas I always keep in mind to wander aimlessly around. I visit these often but somehow I always discover something new, be it a recent florist opening or a street lined with beautiful houses.

Notting Hill (grab a takeaway coffee and wander around the streets to see the pastel houses)

Regent's Park (a calm, tranquil oasis in the middle of Marylebone)

Covent Garden (the busy atmosphere here makes getting lost extra exciting)


SHOP

My, oh my do I love London for shopping! From high-end luxury down Bond Street to vintage charity finds in Shoreditch...the city has it all. While I tend to buy most of my clothes from Topshop, Zara and the usuals, there's a bunch of department stores and other gems that I love to shop in too from time to time.

Anthropologie (visit the one down Regent's Street or King's Road, you won't regret it)

& Other Stories (also visit the one down Regent's Street)

Liberty's (a charming department store in Soho selling eclectic lifestyle goods from clothes to carpet)

Westfield White City (fab mall in Shepherd's Bush for major shop-til-you-drop)

Space N.K (an IRL heaven for beauty lovers)


DRINK COCKTAILS

Londoner's love a good cocktail just as much as they love a good ol' pint of beer in a local pub. The cocktail-aholic I am, I've tried and tested quite a few bars in my time and while there's still plenty I want to see (for "research" purposes of course), I have a small list of places you'll always find me in.

Dirty Martini - incredible cocktails with 1920's decor and a lively atmosphere

London Cocktail Club - possibly the best spot in my opinion, expect to taste interesting concoctions in a buzzy, casual environment

Zebrano's - located down Carnaby Street, this is one of my best friend's and I's favourite bar. We haven't been in a while since we're a little hooked on trying lots of new places but if you want a good cocktail and a little boogie head here.

Milk & Honey - a glamorous and seductive bar with delicious classic cocktails

TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS

If you've seen from my Instagram, taking photographs of my adventures in London is quite the hobby. I mainly enjoy shooting houses, particularly in Notting Hill since I've always dreamt of living in one of the dreamy pastel-hued 'tetric blocks' as they're called. The other day however, I made a special trip to Bond Street just to snap the beautiful Christmas decorations of the designer flagship stores (if you haven't yet seen Cartier on your feed...where have you been)! I'll be writing a post soon on my favourite streets in the city to shoot.

What's your favourite thing to do in London?

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig