Thursday 6 October 2016

The Fashion Blogger Must-Have: Olympus Pen EPL-7


I think it's about time I owed you all this blog post. I've had my new photography edition, the Olympus Pen EPL-7, for over a month now, but this has allowed me the right amount of time to decipher the pros and cons. Of course, you can already perhaps postulate that there are very few cons to this incredible camera, yet everything has it's slight downfalls. So, let us begin by understanding a little more about this much-hyped camera...


I bought this camera for several reasons. Firstly, I had desired a new camera for a little while. I wanted something professional without the confusing features; something small and compact so that I could throw it in my handbag; a 'get-what-you-pay-for' price tag that didn't break the bank. And after a little research, I discovered the Olympus Pen ticked all of the boxes. 

I also bought this camera, as yes I will admit, all of my favourite bloggers and more had this camera. No, my purchase didn't stem from a desire to fit in or complete my blogging essentials kit, but I saw the hype and praise this camera was given and thus was persuaded in that sense. I was hunting for a camera that would take all of my blog photos, and as this is marketed as the blogging camera to have, I knew it would be suitable for my needs and desires. 

And of course, it's hella pretty.

The Facts
  1. Compact digital camera with interchangable lenses
  2. Lens: 14‑42mm 1:3.5‑5.6 (this is the 'pancake' lens the camera automatically comes with)
  3. Image sensor: 16.1 megapixels
  4. Shutter speed: 1/4000 - 60s
  5. Price: £399.99 (RRP)
  6. Sensory image stabiliser
  7. Built-in wifi (more on this later!)
  8. Various scene modes and art filters
  9. External flash accessory
  10. Full-HD video recording
  11. Flip-out screen
  12. Touch-screen


Now you're probably itching to hear my opinion on it all. I've broken it down into pros and cons to make it clear and simple for you all. I understand that there are millions of blog posts and Youtube videos about this camera, though I hope to bring you all a unique, honest perspective - particularly coming from a blogger who has not been sent this product, in comparison to many of the others.


Pros:

  1. Several sleek designs on offer that are all aesthetically pleasing
  2. Interchangeable lenses transforms this digital camera into that of an SLR
  3. High, professional quality in both design and image quality
  4. Small and compact
  5. Various features such as effects and multiple exposure
  6. Auto or manual functions - easy to change the aperture or shutter speed etc.
  7. User-friendly and easy to navigate
  8. Great for point-and-shoot
  9. Built-in wifi means you can transfer the photos straight to your phone to share on social media
  10. Remote control from your phone on the app
  11. Touch-screen allows you to tap where you want the camera to focus (auto-focus is also in use)
  12. Fantastic image quality in low-light
  13. Worth the money
  14. Olympus provide lots of accessories, such as leather shoulder straps, or a pouch which I have purchased (see last image)


Cons:

  1. It is heavier than your usual digital camera, though as it is practically an SLR in compact form, this is quickly forgiven
  2. While it is compact, it is still bulky
  3. The battery life is very poor, particularly when filming, using the wifi, or using the remote on the app
  4. The extra lenses are ridiculously expensive
  5. There is no built-in flash (though, for me this is a pro)
  6. You cannot use the flip-out screen when using a tripod as the screen can only go below the camera not above
  7. It is strangely marketed as the must-have camera for a perfect selfie
  8. Olympus send out the camera to hundreds of bloggers, which is respectively unfair


And there we have it!

Overall I am so thrilled with this camera, each time I use it I fall more and more in love with it. It is well worth the money and I cannot recommend it enough. If you are questioning whether to splurge on this camera for yourself, be sure to take my points into consideration and do extensive research beforehand to ensure this product is right for you. Please let me know if you need any extra information by dropping me a comment, email or getting in touch via social media.

You can buy the Olympus Pen EPL-7 camera here, here and other places.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig