Tuesday 18 October 2016

Lunch at No 197 Chiswick Fire Station


Post-Hally's and wandering around beautiful Parson's Green, my sister and I found ourselves wanting more food (naturally). Another place we both had on our bucket-list of 'to-trys' was No.197 Chiswick Fire Station. Adorned with pink velvet sofas, various botanicals and cacti, and pink neon lighting, this is the ultimate blogger's paradise. And a foodie's too - the menu is second to none. But before we popped on the train to Chiswick, we quickly snooped around the incredible houses around Fulham (partly to wander off our rather full tummies from this cake).


The weather, while it has been gloriously beautiful with hardly a drop of rain, has been rather chilly as of late, so it was without question that I would dust off my trusty Zara peacoat. I adore the black, faux fur collar on this coat, it adds such glamour.

Underneath, I wore a folklore-inspired top, teamed with ripped skinny jeans and pointed silver pumps. The look was kept very simple and understated as I was in need of just something comfortable (after a week of dressing stylish for fashion uni, sometimes you just need to throw on a tee with jeans!).

And to carry my essentials for the day, I opted for my much-loved Longchamp backpack.


But alas, this girl can never say no to a good red lip. 

I brightened up the neutral-toned outfit with a pop of red from my Rimmel x Kate Moss lipstick.



The homes that reside in Fulham are absolutely stunning, some of the best I've ever seen in London (and if you've seen my Instagram, I'm quite the house snooper!). Each house proffers so much elegance, character and whimsical charm. The perfect spot for outfit photos!

Coat - Zara
Top - Zara
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Topshop
Bag - Longchamp
Lipstick - Rimmel London

We had drooled in jealousy long enough. 

It was time to hop on the train to Chiswick and devour our second lot of rich, delicious food for the day.


No.197 Chiswick Fire Station (under the same branch as some of it's more well-known sisters such as No11. Pimlico Road), is an independent restaurant, café and bar with a relaxed approach towards dining. You can simply pop by for a quick drink post-work, a coffee with friends, or a big, hearty meal with family. There are no dining rules when it comes to this place.

With contemporary interiors as a backdrop, Chiswick Fire Station has a strong focus on fresh, well-sourced ingredients that will serve to create healthy yet hearty eats. If you visit for breakfast, be sure to try the Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes or even the No197 Bacon Sandwich complete with portobello mushrooms. For lunch, I strongly recommend their small sharing dishes as you'll get to try lots of flavours and combinations all in one meal, or you can opt for a proper dish like Jess and I. While Jess chose the Halloumi and Courgette Burger (AMAZING - I was rather jealous), I opted for the Lemon and Garlic Marinated Chicken Breast with Sundried Tomato Risotto (equally delicious to be fair).


It was beautifully washed down with some virgin cocktails (student life = low budgets). I ordered a pomegranate concoction and Jess a cucumber and elder-flower option.


It was all wonderfully scrumptious and guzzled down within seconds!

The relaxed ambiance, our full tummies and the hella' comfy seats almost made us a little sleepy but our tiredness would have to wait post-dessert.

Jess was feeling rather full so I had dessert on my own (what a shame!), and devoured the Green Apple Sorbet with Autumn Fruits. It was the perfect autumnal finish to the day - the fruits were drenched in an incredible nutmeg spice that genuinely did make me all warm and fuzzy inside.


I know I say everything is wonderful, but this day truly was. It was a bliss 24-hours filled with food, laughter and sunshine - who can argue with that? You can read what we got up to earlier that day here.

No.197 Chiswick Fire Station is precisely that address, on the High Street. You can make a reservation here.

Have you been to this restaurant?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig