Sunday 13 March 2016

I'm Going to London College of Fashion!


After months of rigorous work on my UCAS application, incessant checking for email updates, and a few too many tears - I was finally blessed with the news last week that I got in to London College of Fashion! I have always dreamt of attending this university. It's a place filled with so many inspiring creatives, bustling art students and endless future career opportunities.





So, in September I will be studying BA Hons Fashion Journalism and I absolutely can't wait! I'm insanely excited to finally study something I feel so passionate about, and be a part of the university lifestyle.

But first, let me tell you, it was certainly not easy getting in. Of course, I was totally aware how prestigious University of the Arts (LCF is a sub-university of this) is, but I must admit, I had no idea how intense the application process would be. First of all, I was unfortunately rejected from all of my other choices - two courses at Central Saint Martins and one other at LCF. All required sending a piece of work, be it an article or portfolio, before you were even granted the opportunity to prove yourself in an interview. However for Fashion Journalism at LCF, you were asked to take an article (on a fashion-related subject of your choice) along with you at an interview. If I'm correct in saying, 3000 hopeful students apply to this course, with 300 chosen to be interviewed, which dwindles down to a mere 50 successful at securing a place.

I'll definitely be writing more about my interview experience and top tips for getting in to an arts university later on, but for now I couldn't possibly wait to tell you all the good news! I'm absolutely thrilled and feel incredibly honoured to be a part of this university.

Hope you all had a good weekend!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig