Wednesday 9 December 2015

Winter Woes: Tips For Keeping Hair Frizz-Free


My hair in winter is a topic I usually wish to avoid to speak about; it's that bad. Picture this: a huge, uncontrollable, frizzy, tangly, curly mess. The early morning mist may be great for photography or creating the perfect setting in a novel, but for my hair, certainly not. The extreme mix of heat tools and hot showers with cold, windy air is not a good combination. However, below are a few products alongside trusty tips and tricks I swear by to prevent my hair getting too unruly...

  1. Oil - Always my go-to product for banishing dry, frizzy and tangly hair. The Lee Stafford Argan Oil is my hair bible when it comes to frizziness, and is a product that I've used for over four years now. I genuinely believe this product is under-hyped as in my eyes, it's the best oil out there. 
  2. Hydrating products - The cold, damp, winter air can sap all the moisture out of hair so hydrating products are a must-have. Personally, I use the L'Oréal Hair Expertise Everstrong Shampoo to strengthen and repair my thin, dry hair and then either the L'Oréal Hair Expertise Replenishing and Taming or Super Sleek Smoothing and Taming Conditioner. I highly recommend this range as the products are extremely effective, luxurious and at affordable prices.
  3. Use less heat, in an effective way - During winter, I let my hair air-dry (as if I was to straighten or blow-dry it, it would still be curly/ wavy in the morning) and then after applying oil, I will lightly straighten the underneath sections. The underneath of my hair tends to be more curly and frizzy than the rest as it's thinner there. All in all, I find this an effective way of keeping my hair frizz-free and tame without completely drying it out and damaging it further.
  4. Straighten naturally - A great way of using even less heat or ditching the straighteners completely is to use products that straighten hair. I love using the Tresemmé Keratin Smooth 7 Day Treatment. In all honesty, this product doesn't last seven days so don't be fooled by that, however, it is a great product that will keep hair straight, sleek and smooth for a few days. The Keratin Smooth range is one that I highly recommended.
  5. Keep brushing to a minimum - Brushing hair makes it 100x frizzier. Keep brushing to a minimum, and if hair feels tangly or knotty, either use fingers or a tangle teezer.
  6. Tuck hair into a scarf or coat - This is my last resort! To keep my hair from getting insanely out of control, I'll tuck it into my coat or scarf and it will keep silky smooth and frizz-free.
What are your tips for banishing frizz? Leave all your tips and tricks in the comments below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig