It's amazing how much a blog can change within five years. My design, language, writing style, photography - it's all changed so immensely. So, here's a very brief sum-up of what I've learned from five years of blogging...
- Things change - your style, your opinions, your design...the list is endless
- Believing in yourself is important
- Things take time
- If you don't feel okay with something, don't do it
- Never rush a blog post just because of a schedule or plan
- Always try new things
- Creativity is always inspiring!
- Understanding your audience early on will pay off later
- Juggling school, work, a social life and a blog can be difficult and time-consuming!
- The more you write, the more ideas you'll have
- Social media is key, as well as interacting with other bloggers
- Genuine passion should be the prime reason you write your blog
- Things will grow - your photography, design and writing may not be perfect to start with, it grows as you grow
- Your own archives can be a great source of inspiration
- Never copy someone else's hard work
- Keep things fresh and exciting
- Don't feel tied to it - if you don't want to write while you're on holiday etc. then don't!
Thank you to everyone who reads this blog!