Sunday 12 October 2014

Anastasia Brow Wiz Dupe:




For a long time, my brows and I have been having relationship issues. We've broken up several times in the past, and this time I put it down to no effort either end to make this work. However, recently - due to a third party joining the relationship - we'eve fallen madly in love for each other. That's all down to the Anastasia Brow Wiz Soap & Glory Archery Pencil.

I've flitted between using powder and pencil numerous times. For the past year I've been using powder as I found it really quick and easy to use. On the other hand, I've never truly realised how speedy a few strokes from a pencil is, nor how fool-proof or natural it looks. I guess because the previous pencils I've bought have all been too thick, too red, too wet or too crumbly. Soap & Glory have it just right.

PROS:
  • The price - £8.00 is a bargain for this product. It feels so luxurious and expensive; from the packaging to the product itself. It comes with an incredible spoolie one end (seriously good, trust me) and the pencil the other. 
  • The product - A thin, waxy, ashy pencil was all I was longing for. I originally turned to the Anastasia Brow Wiz or the Hourglass Arch Brow Pencil but after seeing the price I got very disheartened. This one however, triumphs them all. 
  • The packaging - As I previously mentioned, the packaging feels like something you'd find over on the Chanel counter, but for a third of the price. The thinness of the pencil allows for maximum control, while allowing for light-as-air strokes to be drawn. I love the black with the gold too - another expensive-looking detail.
  • The finish - Your brows are left looking natural, defined, thicker, fuller and lightly-groomed. It's easy to follow your natural brow shape or achieve a different look (for example, I make sure to give my eyes a lift by raising the arch in my brow slightly). 

CONS:
  • Shade range - Now personally, the shade Blondeshell fits perfectly for me, and would fit anyone wanting to achieve a super-light brow. However, even the other shade, Hot Chocolate, won't suit anyone with ginger or black hair. A tad disappointing, but I think the Blondeshell shade will fit most. Soap and Glory are a bit of a let down when it comes to shade ranges. 
Overall, I love this product. I will be sure to repurchase it several times when I'm finished and recommend it to just about everybody I see; this product is sure giving the Brow Wiz a run for it's money.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig