Monday 31 March 2014

Photo Diary: Mother's Day...


Mother's Day is always a special one. This year my sister and I surprised our Mum and Nan with afternoon tea at a local luxury hotel called The Runnymede-On-Thames. But first, we headed off to Costa for a cuppa and then John Lewis for a little retail therapy. Above are the flowers my uncle gave my Nan and boy, aren't they gorgeous! Of course, I just had to whip out my phone for a little Instagram opportunity!

Then it was afternoon tea time and just look at this beauty...


It was £25 for one afternoon tea but we were all feeling a tad greedy and hungry so treated ourselves to three! It came with a glass of champagne each, a beautiful selection of sandwiches (cucumber, ham, egg and salmon), cakes (blackberry macaroon, raspberry tart, chocolate cake and an apricot tart) and then scones with homemade cherry jam and clotted cream. It was very indulgent!

With stuffed tummies and tight jeans, we called for a walk...


It was a muggy day with a grey caste over the sky, but daffodils were blooming and birds were chirping - so out came my floral crochet top (from River Island, a prettier one here) and my navy trench (from Forever 21, similar here). Lately I've been edging away from my usual blue jeans and opting for coloured ones, such as these stone ones from Zara (no longer sold too but there are similar ones here).

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day and spoiled your mummies rotten! Have a good week!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig