Friday, 28 June 2013
Tuesday, 25 June 2013
Denim on denim on denim (and maybe on denim again) is huge this summer. The trend first started with those 90's style 'mom' jeans and then suddenly the world went a little crazy for denim. But hey, that was soooo last season, right? Freshen up your denim obsession for summer and combine white basics with updated jean classics. A simple white tee looks equally great tucked into skinny jeans with a structured black blazer and heels as it does under a pair of dungarees. Here are the ten pieces of denim that every fashionista needs...
|All garments are from Topshop except for the skirt which is from Current Elliott|
- Jacket topshop
- Dress (click here)
- Two pairs of shorts
- Two pairs of jeans
Sunday, 23 June 2013
This week I got Instagram which means two things: 1. I can keep you guys with me at all times and 2. Insta Catch-up posts! I love these posts, in fact, I'm reading this one right now. I'm super excited to be starting up my own series and to share my life with you guys. I'm private at the moment (you get some dodgy people on Instagram!) but just request to follow me and I'll click the yes button. I might change it to public later on so it is easier and quicker for you all to follow me but for now, I'm private. So here goes...
A beautiful evening sky | New top from H&M | #ThrowbackThursday My big sister and I
Love these artificial flowers from IKEA | A new, lemon-print bikini from Topshop | #OOTD
Super excited that it was finally Friday | #OOTD | A new Origins purchase
Hope you guys enjoy this new addition, have a good week...
Whoops! Look what I've purchased this weekend. The Origins GinZing Moisturizer had been on my wishlist for ages and now, finally, it had made its way onto my beauty shelf (front row of course). The Clarins cleanser belongs to my sister (...well, I'd like to think we share it) and sits beautifully in a wicker basket. So, I done a bit of match-making and paired these two bad boys together. Perhaps it was the vivid orange that blinded my eye or a sudden craving for oranges after my orange juice this morning but I was dying to try these together. Click below to read on...
Wednesday, 19 June 2013
Sincerely Jules' and best friends with Lauren Conrad, Julie Sarinana, has impeccable style. Her style is what I would describe as a sophisticated Californian look. She plays with colour, proportion and texture which creates an interesting, unique look. Here are some of my favourite looks, click below to see more.
Tuesday, 18 June 2013
I'm obsessed with Audrey Hepburn. I've been reading a book about her recently but have always been a fan of her. There's no one like Audrey, similarly, there's no one who can emulate such chic style as Audrey did. Her life-long friend and designer, Hubert de Givenchy, once said in reference to Audrey: "All a woman needs to be chic is a raincoat, two suits, a pair of trousers, and a cashmere sweater". And simply, I agree. Cheat your way to an Audrey-esque wardrobe with the below ten items...
|Everything above is from Topshop.com|
- A crisp, white shirt
- Simple ballet pumps
- A raincoat
- Cropped, black trousers
- A grey trouser suit (she was also a one for a classic skirt suit.)
- Polar/turtleneck in neutral shades
- Big, round sunglasses
- A plain jumper/sweater
- A coloured, 60-s style bowler hat
- Red lipstick (of course, but she also loved a nude coral lipstick)
Sunday, 16 June 2013
There's nothing like sitting down on the sofa after a long, hard day and getting glued to a good book. If I'm honest, I'm not really a fan of fiction books (although, I hear the Hunger Games series is really good) as I just seem to never get into them. However, as I am a fan of all things fashion and beauty (obvs...), I do love reading the likes of 'Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual' and 'Paris Street Style'. I get so much inspiration for blog posts from these books and always go back to them when I'm stuck what to write next. Each and every one deserves a place on my coffee table (alongside Company and Vogue magazines of course). Here are my favourites, I will give a brief description of each one and a link of where you can buy them. Click below to read more.
Friday, 14 June 2013
My skin is looking pretty good lately if I say so myself. Over the past couple of months, I had been pretty stressed out with exams and coursework deadlines and this clearly had an affect on my skin. I usually have normal/ combination skin and it had suddenly turned very spotty and oily. I decided that I would 'pamper' my skin more and every evening I would de-stress by reading a good book or a taking a long, hot shower. I also changed up my skincare routine and used many more overnight products. My skin was looking and feeling a whole lot better and I was actually feeling less stressed and more energized for exams. Now, my skin is looking it's best in a long while (and I hope it stays!). Here are my favourite skincare products that I used (and were my best buddies when I was studying...)
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Mask - An amazing products that helps skin feel hydrated, plump and smooth. Leave it overnight and in the morning, your skin will look incredible.
- Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins - An overnight moisturizer to help combat dullness and stressed skin. It's designed to re-hydrate, repair and renew skin.
- REN Anti-Blemish Clarifying Clay Cleanser - I only have a small sample of this but I adore it and use it every other day to help combat large breakouts.
- Caudalie Divine Oil - Probably one of my favourite skincare discoveries ever. This hydrating oil helps to nourish and enhance skin, leaving it packed full of vitamins and minerals.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir - Used by the likes of Elin Kling and Charlotte Tilbury, this refreshing spray is all round amazing product.
- LUSH Tea Tree Toner - Everyone needs a good toner in their skincare wardrobe, I find that Lush's Tea Tree Oil is great for relieving and soothing painful spots. Its amazingly refreshing and the soft scent is lovely.
- St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub - Very gentle on the skin but not gentle on the goodness it gives your skin. This is my favourite exfoliater of all times and is uhhmazing for its price.
- Simple Moisturising Facial Wash - A good, cheap, everyday face wash. It foams up really nicely and deep cleanses the skin.
- Simple Oil Balancing Moisturizer - A perfect companion to the face wash, this moisturizer helped keep my oil at bay and helped to mattify my skin.
- Garnier Dark Spot Correcting Moisturizer - I love this product and it helped speed up the process of blemish scars fading.
I hope you all enjoyed this post. Thank you for reading, speak soon! Have a good weekend.
Tuesday, 11 June 2013
I always talk about Pinterest and will continue to. For some people, drugs and smoking is their addiction, for me, it's Pinterest (and maybe Skittles but we'll leave that one out shall we?). Lately, I've came across some really good 'pinners' and wish to share them with you guys. I follow 184 people so it was hard to narrow it down to just 10 but if you have Pinterest let me know in the comments section! If you don't already have Pinterest, join! Below, are my favourite, new discoveries...
- 'Addy Rogers' - Her 'Models that inspire me board' is one of my favourites of hers. Her 'Home', 'Street Style', 'Beauty' and 'Home' are equally amazing.
- 'Rose H' - 'Mind Body Spirit', 'Hair' and 'Places Beyond Home' are great to flick through and are updated constantly.
- 'Laura Pelttari' - The Queen of all things interior design.
- 'Harpers Bazaar' - Like the magazine itself, the boards are incredible too. I personally love 'Street Style', 'Celebrity Style' and 'Beauty & Hair'.
- 'Rebecca Snape' - Name a celebrity and they'll be a whole board dedicated to them. Thank you Rebecca!
- 'Whitney Port' - Every board is incredible here, just like her.
- 'Hanna L' - Ditto.
- 'Caitlin Flemming' - 'Shops & Restaurants', 'Home', 'Words' and'Style' are all amazing boards of hers but my favourite is 'Escape'.
- 'Andrianna' - The ultimate pinner for good fashion street style.
- 'Ainsley Rogers' - I adore her 'Style Seeker', 'Take Me Away', 'Beach Living' and 'Getting to Paris' boards.
Sunday, 9 June 2013
The little black jacket (aka LBJ) has always been a staple in my wardrobe. My Nan and I are always picking out perfect jackets for each other. I know what sort of jackets she likes and will suit her, she knows what sort of jackets I like and suit me also. I love ones that are slightly boxy in shape and look chic with every outfit. I'm currently on the prowl for yet another one (six simply isn't enough...) and here's my inspiration...
Do you love little black jackets? Hope you all had a good weekend!
Friday, 7 June 2013
I'm going on holiday next month to of course, Zermatt, Switzerland for just under a week and I'm already counting down the days! But my holiday experience begins, not when I'm hopping in a taxi or slouching in Club Lounge, but when I'm scrambling through the best shop in the entire universe. World Duty Free. Every high-end brand known to man and all their products at excitingly discounted prices. Uhhmazing. I always make a plan (detailed schedule of sorts!) of what I'm going to buy at Duty Free. Yes, I confess, I do tend to just blatantly ignore it and just fill my basket right up to the top, but I always think it's good to have some sort of idea of what to buy. Especially when your surrounded by so many brands and so many products. Have a good look online and look though your makeup and skincare bag and see what you might need to stock up on or repurchase, this way, you won't buy nonsense that you and your purse will regret buying later. I've already made my list and here it is...
- M.A.C Blush in Harmony - This is the perfect contouring shade (a muted, pinkish grey colour). I find bronzers to be too orangey or dark on my fair skin and heard that this just creates the perfect shadow for chiseled cheekbones!
- Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer - Unfortunately, my Benefit Erase Paste (my favourite under-eye concealer ever!) has run out, instead of buying it again I thought I'd give the Bobbi Brown corrector a go as I have heard a lot of good things about it. I have already tried the concealer version and loved it but I'm also running out of this too, time to repurchase while its discounted!
- M.A.C Lipstick in Hue - I've been looking for a classic nude lipstick for a while now (I've been glued to my Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie) and I think I've finally found it. MAC's lipstick in Hue is going to be perfect.
- Benefit That Gal Primer - To keep my makeup looking fresh, luminous and bright, I really want to purchase the That Gal primer. I've tried a small tester before and absolutely loved it.
- Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara - I have also tried a small tester of this before too and is my favourite mascara at the moment for sure. It just makes your lashes look so thick and curled.
Knowing me I'll be hell of a lot more! Hope you all enjoyed this little post, have a good weekend!
Oh, Jessica Hart, give me your wardrobe! Every day, it's a complete new look: one day it's a girly ensemble with a pastel pink dress and a classic trench, then the next day, she teams a tight-fitting maxi dress with converse and a fedora for an urban, grungy look. That's what I love about her style. Unpredictability is probably the most important element to style for me. Some celebrities you can predict what they're going to wear on the red carpet or out-and-about within a blink of an eye, for me, that's not interesting or exciting. Jessica Hart is actually one of the only celebrities who's outfit each day you can't predict. Perfect. Click below to see more...
Tuesday, 4 June 2013
|Cami, striped top, lipstick and white skirt - all Topshop, shoes - Stella McCartney, sunglasses - Ray-Ban, swimsuit - Dolce & Gabanna, hat - Sensi Studio, shorts - DKNY, cover-up - Athena Procopiou.|
- A lace skirt
- Striped tops
- Colourful, printed cami
- Pastel wedges
- Coral lippy
- A retro-style bikini
- Dressy shorts
- A cute beach cover-up
- Massive sunnies
- A big, floppy hat
Happy Tuesday everyone! It's finally time to start wearing our Summer clothes and above are some ideas on what to add to your wardrobe to make it even more gorgeous! Hope everyone has an amazing week, enjoy the lovely weather!
P.S: Sorry this has had to be brief - I've got a GCSE exam tomorrow! Must revise errrgh...
Sunday, 2 June 2013
It's June! Do you know what that means? SUMMER! I'm looking forward to all what I have planned: my weeks vacation to Zermatt, my sister and I are thinking of doing some trips to central London for some hard core shopping, go cycling on the Borris Bikes round South Bank and plenty more adventures.
My exams finish in a couple of weeks and have nothing to revise for all summer long, that means that I will have a lot of time for some good blogging! I'm super excited for what's about to come; my last exam is on the 10th of June so after that I will get back to blogging pretty much everyday; I have already thought of a few ideas but if you have any suggestions then leave them in the comments and I will reply.
Let's get to it!
So, what do you think? Let me know if you have any requests int he comments box below! Would love to hear what you guys want to see on this blog! :)
© All Things Foxy. All rights reserved.