When I was just getting into my teenage years, I suddenly suffered from mild acne on my forehead and then it eventually broke out onto my chin. Each and every spot left behind a grey scar. I realised that my usual Neutrogena and Garnier products weren't helping them fade, so I invested in some Origins, REN and Caudalie products (top skincare brands). I also completely changed my skincare regime and took more care with my skin. It all made a huge difference. Obviously, it is hormonal factors that contributed to my spots, but the products helped not only reduce them, but fade away the nasty dark scars too.
My top tips to help fade away your acne scars:
- Exfoliate - this will help slough off the dead skin cells and bring a new skin layer to the surface. Make sure though that you only exfoliate once a week maximum. The more you exfoliate, the quicker a new layer of skin will arrive, consequently, you scar will fade.
- Drinks lots of water - Nobody can stress enough how important water is for the body. Drink, drink, drink!
- Hydrate - I have normal/combination skin but I was really interested in using the Origins Drink-Up Intensive Mask as it is one of their bestsellers and was intrigued to buy it. Turns out, the grey marks love a lot of moisture and found that the more hydrating creams I applied, the quicker they faded.
- Brighten - You can help brighten the scars by applying a few drops of lemon juice every now and then. Also, try specialist brightening creams and masks. I love the Ren Glycolatic Radiance Renewal Mask.
Try these and your skin should be better in no time. I'm not going to lie, this will take at least 5 or 6 months and a whole load of patience for your skin to be perfect (depending on the severity of your scars). In the meantime, take a look at this video, it really helps. Also, why not have an online live chat with one of the Origins (on their website, click at the 'Need Help?' button at the top) skincare experts. They will help to recommend you products specifically for your skin concern. Or, take their quiz.
- Origins Brighter by Nature Brightening Peel, £30.00
- Origins Modern Friction Facial Scrub, 31.00
- Dr Andrew Weil for Origins Brightening Treatment Lotion, £25.00
- Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturizer, £4.99
- La Roche-Posay Serum For Skin Discolorations, £29.00
- Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer, £23.00
- REN Replenishing Night Serum, £22.00
- Ren Glycolatic Radiance Renewal Mask, £30.00
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir, £11.50 (my favourite skincare product ever!)
- Garnier 5 Second Perfect Blur Primer, £12.99
Hope this helps!