Wednesday 1 August 2012

Recent Buys...


Wow, can't remember the last time I did this post! I've bought quite a bit but not that much. First up is my amazing Zara TRF jacket ( £59.99) which is military style with a studded collar and pocket details. I love this, it's thick enough for winter but not too thick for Summer. I bought it earlier this month. I picked up Harper's Bazaar over this weekend with the beautiful Miranda Kerr covering the issue - a really good interview is inside of her and also Sonia Rykiel and Isabel Marant interviews.


I bought the travel miniatures (of only the shampoo and conditioner) for my holiday in Zurich and it did wonders for my hair! I love it, I can already notice the better condition in my hair. It's thicker, fuller, soft and smooth, shinier and has less split ends. It also game my hair frizz control for when I blow dried my hair. So of course, I had to pick up the full size! And with Boots having a 3 for £10 (saving £8, grab now!) offer on all John Freida products, that was another bonus! To complete the set of three, I threw in the protecting root lift foam/ mousse which I haven't used yet but can't wait to!


In World Duty Free at the airport I bought Bobbi Brown's creamy concealer in the colour ivory (individual, without the powder) which really helped cover up by deep blue under-eye circles. It also helped cover blemishes. Better that Benefit's Erase Paste? I'd say they're basically the same, I mix them both together. I wanted a real cheap powder I could just throw in my handbag and quickly sweep on and so I bought the £2.99 Natural Collection loose powder. I actually really like it! It's not heavy, gives reasonable amount of coverage, is not orange or cakey and really helps to set my makeup. Moving on to mascara, the Max Factor False Lash Effect is a good mascara but not my type of wand at all. See, it was a bit of hand-me-down from sister Jess as she bought another one for our holiday in Zurich. It's still got quite a lot still in there though. I prefer my wand to be long and thin rather than short and fat. I ran out of my amazing Tigi Foxy Curls spray so I thought I'd give the rather hyped Trevor Sorbie curl cream a go and I love it! And finally the Balance Me balancing face moisturizer which was a little freebie with Glamour Magazine - it's great, it smells amazing and a little goes a long way.



Here's what my sister bought at Duty Free at the airport! Yes, she bought a lot and because she was walking around with a basket, all of the assistants were like little leeches on her! It was rather funny but annoying! So first off she bought Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Fresh Melon which she says "It's good, real good". She also bought M.A.C Studio Finish Concealer in NC20 which she tags as 'heavy-duty'. I always get a little bit jealous of all the lovely skincare she buys. She bought the Clinique 123 set for combination skin. The first one (in green) is a liquid facial soap which is the first step - the cleanse. Step two is to tone (purple bottle) and then step 3 is to moisturize, she really recommends the three - it's so important to cleanse, tone and moisturize and the set of three is only £29.00. And then of course, she now smells good too! After she bought the Narsisco Rodriguez perfume.

Speak soon!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig