Saturday 13 November 2010

Is This Girl The New Jimmy Choo?


OUCH! Try walking on those metal skyscrapers! Shoe designer Chau Har Lee has suddenly got a packed diary. Kate Moss recently called in a pair of her skyscraper, made-to-order shoes for a photo-shoot, American Vogue editor Anna Wintour has viewed her collection and CNN has been clamouring for an interview. Chau is 30 years old and finished her MA last year, but she's being hailed as the UK's most promising new shoe designer. As well as winning an award to exhibit at London Fashion Week, she's also a star of Room 6, the luxury lounge in Selfridges new shoe galleries. Alongside Balenciaga and Christian Louboutin , you'll find Chau's 'Eng' ( the shoes above - 'Eng' is the name!) leather shoe with its killer, 12cm stainless-steel heel. Inspiration for her heel-less heels, acrylic wedges and wooden platforms comes from futuristic '60s designers like Pierre Cardin, but Chau doesn't have a highbrow fashion background -she grew up in central London council flat. "I wasn't really a fashion kid, but I've always enjoyed making things, with five children, there wasn't much money growing up. My mum taught us to be really resourceful- we'd make doll's houses and play with scraps and threads. She used to do dressmaking, and taught me sewing." Her mum wanted her to grow up like a traditional Chinese lady. Her mum is from South Korea and her dad is from the Philippines. " I never expected or actually wanted to be what I am today but I love my success and intend to stick to my career. I have meant some amazing people and I would just like to say thank you for the people that helped me get to where I am today." Check out Chau Har Lee's designs on Google or other search engines. Type in Chau Har Lee then either 'Eng', 'Jes', 'Hoy' or 'Yuk'. Please take a look! By the way the first picture is 'Hoy' and the second is Chau wearing 'Eng'. 'Eng' costs £1,500! Want to buy a pair!!!!???

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I try to reply to all of them so be sure to come back to see! :)

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig